Minigolf raises hundreds of thousands a year for causes
Minigolf can be a force for bettering the community. It’s been a staple of fundraising in the USA for a long time and is beginning to get some traction over here. It’s a fun, social activity that offers ample opportunnity for charity branding to promote the cause and raise awareness and money. Corporate sponsors also get plenty of exposure when they sponsor a hole and the event is written about, photographed and even televised. Here are some examples of how it’s used over the pond to bring communities together and raise funds for good causes.
1. The Epilepsy Center of Northwest Ohio raises between $20,000 and $30,000 every year at its ‘Practically a Golf Tournament‘ event. It uses a different set of holes each year, each one being custom-built by a corporate sponsor. The sponsored holes can be very creative and reflect the business the sponsor is in. What a great way to promote a business while raising funds for charity!
2. In West Palm Beach, Florida, a 10-year old girl raised $4,000 for cancer research by staging her own minigolf tournament.
3. Wisconsin students staged a minigolf fundraiser for Muscular Dystrophy.
4. At Panama City Beach, Florida, there’s an annual minigolf event called Putting for Patriots, which raised funds for war veterans. A bit like our Help For Heroes.
5. Arizona Small Dog Rescue host ‘Putts for Mutts‘ every year to raise funds.
The list could go on for a long, long time. Minigolf fundraisers are well-established in Uncle Sam, and there are more and more each year in Old Blighty too. Why? Because they work, generate interest and raise substantial amounts of money.
Here’s a link to a page dedicated to organising such an event to promote a cause. It’s, you guessed it, American, but here at Putterfingers we’re also doing our best to offer advice and tips on how to stage a successful and lucrative event.
Thanks to MinigolfNews.com for the links, which come from their blog posts about bettering the community through minigolf.
To find out more about staging a minigolf charity event anywhere you please (our courses are portable!!), email email@example.com or call us on 08450 570321.